Prime refunds

The FTC sues companies that make deceptive claims about their products or services. When we settle a case we try to get refunds for consumers who lost money, if that’s possible.

Following a recent settlement with Prime Legal Plans LLC, the FTC announced it is mailing nearly $3 million in redress checks to 6,300 consumers whom the company allegedly misled with false statements about its mortgage reduction and foreclosure rescue services. Prime Legal Plans allegedly made false promises about the company’s ability to help consumers lower their mortgage payments or save their homes from foreclosure.

If a company has misled you into giving them money for a promise they never kept, file a complaint with the FTC. On our site you can learn more about the FTC’s redress process, how to resolve consumer problems, and get information about the FTC’s recent cases resulting in refunds.

Blog Topics: 
Homes & Mortgages


It has been sometime now that I've been forwarding unwanted spam to you and reported scammers to you! What has become of that?

under your states government website, they will have a section devoted to handling spamers and scammers also. you have to look for the click ons from the side or somewhere on their page. usually your email site helps also.

I purchased a mattress from sleepys on 7/12 w/lifetime warrenty. They sent someone out and found it was defective but since it had a coffee stain on it they won't acknowledge it. I would be ok with that but I also brought the mattress cover for it just in case. How can I resolve this?

ask for manager or direct line to sleepys corporation. or contact them yourself onlline. also the bbb. a stain has nothing to do with defective merchandise that cannot be resold anyway. warranty is a warranty. all things get a scratch or marks on them. tvs, autos, etc., one has nothing to do with the other. go above whoever you talked to, and turn them in to the better business bureau and the main company. good luck.

I found your sight very informative and up to date. I would like to receive funds from suing criminals.

I live in a government apartment which was in my husband name when he pass in march 2014 I the wife have to move paying rent for the apartment and try to relocate to another place meaning double rent and household payment. I was told that's government rules. I think there should be a refund.I think you should be helping not adding on to the problem.

your apartment was rented with you on the lease. since his passing it should only be a matter of you being the first on the lease instead of the second. its not clear who told you to move. There should be a form for you to file a grievance that you disagree with the determination. also, your governor, since government subsidary apartments usually are funded by the county or state, so contact the governors office and file a complaint. If you are elderly, contact area agency on aging. sorry to hear of your husband passing, and this happening to you. You still had to be on the paperwork somewhere, i am sure he had to say he was married and you were residing there also. check into it quick though. good luck.

Check out my website for me...I pay $9.95 monthly, going on 3 years, 1000 plus visits and not a penny in sales or down-line...pirating is a crime isn't it?

I lost my money $150.00 The guys who took my money are Robert Smith and Ben or ken Mccoy who work in FTC. The told me I will received a free grant of $14,500.00 only if I will buy green dok moneypak to CVS and reload it to $150.00 and sent me to Western Union. Mr mccoy gave mo the trucking number and sent to western union. The number he gave is not correct and the man told me there is no such number. He didnot say anything instead he asked me to give him another $120.00 And I told him I don't have any money. ANd the next time he ask me another $100.00 to give instead of $120.00. Why is it always ask money. I don't know why he is doing that, I am a senior citizen. He is not supposed to do that. That is a fraud.

I received a check from the FTC v Prime Legal Plans LLC Claims Administrator. I would like to know why I only received approximately 10% back of what I gave Freedom Legal Plans to help with my mortgage. How do I get back all of my money?


Leave a Comment

Comment Policy

Read Our Privacy Act Statement

It is your choice whether to submit a comment. If you do, you must create a user name, or we will not post your comment. The Federal Trade Commission Act authorizes this information collection for purposes of managing online comments. Comments and user names are part of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) public records system, and user names also are part of the FTC’s computer user records system. We may routinely use these records as described in the FTC’s Privacy Act system notices. For more information on how the FTC handles information that we collect, please read our privacy policy.